Music Theatre Now (MTN) and Festival O. are looking for one Music Theater maker (f/m/x) based in the Netherlands to apply to the Creators Connection Programme.
About the Creators Connection Programme
Each year the Music Theatre Now selects 6 to 8 of the most promising emerging music theatre makers for the Creators Connection Programme. A year-long platform focusing on networking, performance opportunities, and professional development, empowering artists to bring their works to new audiences through our extensive partner network. Regular meetings and access to festivals, workshops, and conferences across the globe allow these creators to engage in dialogue, exchange ideas, and advance their careers both nationally and internationally. Our commitment is to strengthen the artistic, production, and distribution capabilities of individual artists, fostering a vibrant community marked by diverse collaborations and creative innovation.
The aim of the program is to establish a robust platform for music theatre makers to connect, share, and collaborate with: other makers, producers, presenters.
Music Theatre Now is a worldwide hub for music theatre. MTNow prides itself on its unique role as a connector between creators, programmers and producers across the world. Through our biannual worldwide Competition, the Archive and the Creators Connection Programme, we strive to elevate contemporary music theatre as the most dynamic and interdisciplinary art form of our time.
The programme offers:
- Visiting music theater events – O. & abroad offering:
- Workshops focused on the unique aspects of creating and producing music theatre
- Networking opportunities to foster relationships among creators, producers, and presenters
- Starting at O. 2024 dates Professionals Programme 15-18 May
- First event confirmed in Basel: 25-26 August 2024 & additional date TBA (all costs covered: transportation, tickets and lodging)
- Ending at O. 2025 – dates to be announced
- Regular online meetings:
- Check-in within each other
- Virtual pitch opportunities w/ professionals
Who can apply?
- Music Theater maker in their early to mid-career based in the Netherlands: theatre director
s, playwriter s, composer sand more;
- Who are curious to learn about the international opera/music theatre field;
- And have availability and capacity to commit to the full programme that extends over 1 year (May 2024 – May 2025).
How to apply
- Present yourself in a way that fits your practice. We would like to get an idea of:
- Your practice in general
- Your take on music theatre
- What would you bring into the network and what would you like to get out of it
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than 14 March 2024. And any question that might arise. We will choose one maker for the 2024-2025 Creators Connection programme and answer to all applicants by mid-April.
O. gebruikt haar stad als podium en decor. Veel voorstellingen zijn op onalledaagse en onontdekte locaties in de stad: pleinen, woonkamers, kerken, een oude wasserij, winkel, bovenop de Bijenkorf en zelfs een fitnesscentrum.