O. Professionals Programme 2022
Pre-registration O. Professionals Programme 2022
We would like to invite you to O. Professionals’ Programme 2022 which will take place LIVE & ONLINE on 22 – 25 May 2022.
Having experience hybrid forms of gathering, we embrace what we have learned and offer possibilities to engage physically and remotely for all professionals interested in participating in next O. Professionals’ programme. The programme includes:
- MTNOW Awards Show (see below)
- 3 days conference
- Debates, round tables, speed dates & more
- A selection of shows (Sunday – Wednesday)
By March we will send the programme day-by-day. Please notice that some content will be available online.
If you’re interested in attending our (online) conference please pre-register here!
O. will host MTNOW Awards Show
The Music Theatre NOW Network** announced winners of the worldwide fifth competition on the 7th of December. The internationally renowned jury selected six performances, aesthetically innovative and reflect new developments. In the jury’s words:
“The six works we’ve chosen represent a lean towards communal experience and a type of macro expression. We naturally arrived in a set of works that mirror the expanse in the definition of what music theater is…and where it is being made. From a sonic installation to an archaeological site-specific dig into song to a zany fashion intervention.”
The 2021 MTNOW Award winners are:
- The Issue | Dora Halas & Fruzsina Nagy, Catwalk Concert Productions | HUNGARY
- Chornobyldorf an archaeological-opera | Roman Grigoriv & Ilya Razumeyko | UKRAINE
- Dybbuks | Chamber Made | AUSTRALIA
- 8: Metamorphosis | Nicole Beutler Project | NETHERLANDS
- Samson | Third World Bunfight | SOUTH AFRICA
- THRENOS (for the Throat) | Carmina Slovenica | SLOVENIA
** in cooperation with International Theatre Institute ITI worldwide, O. Festival for Opera. Music. Theatre and with the support of ITI The Netherlands.
O. gebruikt haar stad als podium en decor. Veel voorstellingen zijn op onalledaagse en onontdekte locaties in de stad: pleinen, woonkamers, kerken, een oude wasserij, winkel, bovenop de Bijenkorf en zelfs een fitnesscentrum.